I will give you a minute to bask in the glory that is this space. It is darn near perfect if you ask me! Here is what I love:
1. The obvious. The window-wall/skylight. With operable windows nonetheless. Oh my word how I love this!
2. The white steel beams and vaulted ceiling. They only accentuate the natural light and my #1.
3. The rusticated wood floors. Perfect.
4. Absolutely everything else about this space. The antique metal desk. The vintage chairs. The old family photos. The painted brick columns. The framed photography. The traveling knickknacks. And most importantly, how this space makes me feel!
Happy Hump Day everyone! Here is what I love about today’s space!
1. The wallpaper! A nice neutral color but with plenty of detail.
2. The giant, and by giant, I mean ginormous, wall mirror. I love to dance for myself, so this might be a little distracting, but fabulous nonetheless.
3. I spy with my little eye, something sparkly that lights up the sky! (clever I know!) If you look into that fantastic mirror you will see a chandelier in the hall outside of the space. I would move it to right above my desk, make it white and about 2x the size. Then I can be distracted by all the little sparklies (yes, that is a word) it makes on my glass desk!
4. The white chairs! The one behind the desk seems very comfy, which could be a bad thing. And the two round chairs add a modern touch!
I apologize again for my absence, there was a glitch on my computer the last view days, and by glitch, I mean virus! Dang gossip websites. Anyways here is what I love about this week’s workspace:
1. The White. All of it. My sweet black pup Ema won’t let me buy any white furniture any time soon, but I still adore it.
2. The herringbone floors. Again, this is a detail I never overlook and one day I will have some.
3. The molding, all of it. On the ceiling, the walls and the faux columns. That combined with the high ceilings add detail that I love.
4. The modern flare of the wing back chairs. The wood detail on the arm is delicious!
Enjoy and Happy Wedn…Thursday!
Let me just start with saying that I was up til 1 am last night working…pfffeewww. So if I seem a little coo-coo for cocoa puffs, that is why. Today’s workspace is via La Dolce Vita and is a contains some of my ultimate fantasies! Here is what I love/want!
1. Color-coded bookshelves. Genius! I would have to do that when I first moved in or it would never happen!
2. Piano. I have always said I want to learn the piano. It is officially on my bucket list! I kind of want a silver one!
3. Chandelier, obviously. I have been shopping around for one to put in my new studio if we ever move! I have my eye on a couple!
4. The chaise/bench. More specifically the fantastical woodwork that is its legs.
Here it is again, hump day. Only for me, I have half a day off on Thursday and all of Friday, so I am in a particularly good mood. [minus the fact I have 4 big orders to finish (okay, start and finish) within a week]. Wedding season it is folks, and not only does my business revolve around it, but so does my life. Two weddings in a row starting this weekend. My ripe old age of 27 means everyone on earth I know is getting married! This point is moot. On to Workspace Wednesday!
Things I love about this space!
1. Giant wall mirror, and by giant, I mean ginormous! I could have some amazing dance parties here!
2. Plethora of seating. Dome chair, fantastic!
3. Clear acrylic desk. Wouldn’t really work for functional purposes, but amazing aesthetics.
4. And that light fixture, or chandelier, or porcupine, whatever that is. It is a statement piece, and I heart it!
We are going a little more traditional this week, for no reason really. I may be off my game a little as I had a few glasses of wine at lunch with my boss and a couple others. But I still love the overall feel. Here are some things I love about this space! [via Elle Decor]
1. I spy what looks like a Remington. I can’t be for sure, but it is similar to say the least. My parents own a couple for the log home they will retire in in Steamboat, so I spotted this guy first!
2. Zebra skin rug…hopefully a fake, because I wouldn’t want to harm the little guy, but I am sorry, I will always be found of zebra print. (tacky or not.)
3. That desk chair! How awesome, when you get a little sleepy, just lean a little to your left and it is naptime. (that is currently how I am feeling with a couple glasses of wine in me).
4. The desk. Again a little traditional for my taste, however the shape is magnificent!
5. And last but not least, the chiase lounge on the left. Because when the “lean to the left” doesn’t work in the desk chair, the chaise is the next best thing for a nap. Ask my husband, he naps on ours all the time!
Happy Hump Day!
After the crazy holiday weekend I had, I need a space that is calming and serene. So here it is. [via Elle Decor]
Things I love about this space:
1. The original wood floors. Not overly polished.
2. Skylight! Hello, how awesome would that be at night? Gazing up at the stars when I should be working!
3. The awesome wood shelf next to the window! I love eclectic pieces!
4. The exposed pitched wood ceiling. This is obviously an attic space, but it does not feel like it. Enjoy!
I love this space for many reasons, let me count the ways!
1. Herringbone floors! I love them, nothing like taking a traditional wood floor and throwing some angles in there. And oh, how they shine!
2. The Andy Warhol-esque portrait on the wall. Obviously, if this was in my space, it would be of my beautiful mug! Narcissism at its finest, folks!
3. The pink rolly chair. 2 important things here. Pink. Rolly. Enough said!
4. Last but definitely not least, the Jimmy Choo bag underneath the desk. I think that bag holds probably about 3 pairs of Mr. Choo’s finest, and I will take all three!
Happy Hump Day! [via Elle Decor]
This week’s space comes via Elle Decor, which is normal. This space, however, is not normal. It is an eclectic space which boasts a sheep, rusticated Ionic columns and an awesome stool-chair. Not to mention a lovely display of art on the bookshelves! (Is anyone really surprised that all my spaces have bookshelves?) So Happy Wednesday and Enjoy!
Thanks to Elle Decor, I have a huge backlog of Workspace Wednesdays, and each week I get to pick through the selection to find something appropriate for my current wants and needs. This week’s space is designed by Thomas O’Brien and is perfectly modern with black and white, yet has contemporary touches with furniture, art and pin-up space. Plus, it has a ladder! Not that I can tell exactly where that ladder leads too, but it is a ladder all the same. Also from what I can tell, those are very large operable windows and the ceiling doesn’t even fit in the photo, so it must be a grand space! Enjoy!