Better late than never. Elle Decor never disappoints, here is what I love about this space!
1. The disco ball/enormous Christmas ornament light fixture. Not sure if I love it, but it is eclectic, and I love eclectic.
2. The desk. The unique legs and shape make it fantastic.
3. The purple bookshelves. Why paint the walls when you can add some color with the bookshelves. Brilliant idea!
4. The matching chairs. Because if you put them side by side, they would make a glorious cot!
Happy Hump Day!
We are going a little more traditional this week, for no reason really. I may be off my game a little as I had a few glasses of wine at lunch with my boss and a couple others. But I still love the overall feel. Here are some things I love about this space! [via Elle Decor]
1. I spy what looks like a Remington. I can’t be for sure, but it is similar to say the least. My parents own a couple for the log home they will retire in in Steamboat, so I spotted this guy first!
2. Zebra skin rug…hopefully a fake, because I wouldn’t want to harm the little guy, but I am sorry, I will always be found of zebra print. (tacky or not.)
3. That desk chair! How awesome, when you get a little sleepy, just lean a little to your left and it is naptime. (that is currently how I am feeling with a couple glasses of wine in me).
4. The desk. Again a little traditional for my taste, however the shape is magnificent!
5. And last but not least, the chiase lounge on the left. Because when the “lean to the left” doesn’t work in the desk chair, the chaise is the next best thing for a nap. Ask my husband, he naps on ours all the time!
Happy Hump Day!
After the crazy holiday weekend I had, I need a space that is calming and serene. So here it is. [via Elle Decor]
Things I love about this space:
1. The original wood floors. Not overly polished.
2. Skylight! Hello, how awesome would that be at night? Gazing up at the stars when I should be working!
3. The awesome wood shelf next to the window! I love eclectic pieces!
4. The exposed pitched wood ceiling. This is obviously an attic space, but it does not feel like it. Enjoy!
I love this space for many reasons, let me count the ways!
1. Herringbone floors! I love them, nothing like taking a traditional wood floor and throwing some angles in there. And oh, how they shine!
2. The Andy Warhol-esque portrait on the wall. Obviously, if this was in my space, it would be of my beautiful mug! Narcissism at its finest, folks!
3. The pink rolly chair. 2 important things here. Pink. Rolly. Enough said!
4. Last but definitely not least, the Jimmy Choo bag underneath the desk. I think that bag holds probably about 3 pairs of Mr. Choo’s finest, and I will take all three!
Happy Hump Day! [via Elle Decor]
This week’s space comes via Elle Decor, which is normal. This space, however, is not normal. It is an eclectic space which boasts a sheep, rusticated Ionic columns and an awesome stool-chair. Not to mention a lovely display of art on the bookshelves! (Is anyone really surprised that all my spaces have bookshelves?) So Happy Wednesday and Enjoy!
Thanks to Elle Decor, I have a huge backlog of Workspace Wednesdays, and each week I get to pick through the selection to find something appropriate for my current wants and needs. This week’s space is designed by Thomas O’Brien and is perfectly modern with black and white, yet has contemporary touches with furniture, art and pin-up space. Plus, it has a ladder! Not that I can tell exactly where that ladder leads too, but it is a ladder all the same. Also from what I can tell, those are very large operable windows and the ceiling doesn’t even fit in the photo, so it must be a grand space! Enjoy!
Do I spot a Romeo and Juliet balcony? I think I do. Not only does this space have class and an abundance of natural light, but I could actually perch on this faux balcony and let my hair down so my true love prince could climb up (my husband of course)! Okay, back to reality. Here are my favorite things about this space.
1. The herringbone wood floors. Fantastic, who needs a rug when you have these?
2. The art deco chandelier. Fun and funky without taking it too far.
3. Bookshelves, obviously, do I need to say more?
4. And the desk, which has to be my favorite part. There is nothing I love more than a mirrored desk, and this one comes with some fantastically sculptural legs. I want one…really! My birthday is in 10 days, just so you guys know!
Thanks Elle Decor!