Because I was recovering yesterday and missed a post, I thought I would throw in a little extra today with some sexy salmon, who is a tastier cousin of one of my favorites, coral. So enjoy these fashion-oriented boards that give this fish a good name!
Happy Belated Memorial Day everyone! I survived Vegas on little sleep, a lot of sun, and a lot of fun! Since I spent my entire fortune while I was there, I thought this week’s Shoesday should be about affordable footwear. Believe me or not, all the shoes I am posting today are in and around $30 via Endless. Amazing, I know. So enjoy while I try to catch up on my sleep!
SoI am off to Vegas tonight for a fantabulous weekend. And to boot I will be coming back Sunday night so…a) I have a day to recover and b) I have a day to spend with my hubby. I am all too excited that it is Friday.
Here is a great picture I found via Snippet & Ink. I don’t talk about groom’s much on this blog, but they are obviously as important as the bride. This photo says a lot and brings tears to my eyes even though I have never met these people (I am a sucker for all weddings). At my wedding in October I remember looking up and seeing Ben standing at the end of the aisle and losing it. That was a long walk with a very good ending. Happy Friday!
I think you all know how to finish that line! In 32 hours I will be at a bar with 10 girlies celebrating 2 of my friends’ bachelorette parties! I can’t wait! So in honor of Sin City, here are a couple inspiration boards to get you in the mood!!
This week I am focusing on the details. Because they are so important. Here are some of my favorites that someday I hope to incorporate into my own fantastic studio space. Enjoy!
2. Patterned chair via Elle Decor. There needs to be a bright bold pattern somewhere, whether the chairs or rug! It is a must!
3. Subtle yet bold wall pattern via Rue. Just enough to be fun, not enough to drive you crazy!
4. Chalkboard calender via House to Home. What a creative and unique way to have have a large scale calender that changes with month to month.
5. Simple storage for my inks, gouache, nibs, holders, etc. Via Design Sponge.
6. Pin-up space that allows for flexibility via Stylizimo.
As you know, I love bright colors, and blue is no exception. Blue is a strange color with so many different hues. It can translate into so many different moods and feelings too. Light Aqua – relaxing. Navy – sail the high seas. Sky Blue – serenity. Cerulean – my favorite crayon. Colbalt – Daring. You get the point. So here are a few inspiration boards filled with the bold beautiful blue!
I heart these shoes. I have recently fallen back in love with wearing heels. You see, I am 5′ 7″ which isn’t really tall, I understand, but I was the tallest of my friends growing up for the most part and so heels just made me tower over them even more. I also have a sister that is 5′ 1″ so you can imagine that. But I love that instant feeling of sexiness you get when you put on a fabulous pair. I love my height now and have no problem increasing it with some rocking heels. So enjoy these shoes by the lovely Charlotte Olympia! I couldn’t pick a favorite so here are several!
This is a throwback to my college days at Kansas State University! I wish I knew then how much I would miss the irresponsibility and freedom of it all. But anyways, where was I going with this? Oh yes. College. Kansas. Wizard of Oz. Over the Rainbow. It is a stretch but just go with it. I did a post a couple months ago with some rainbow inspired images and I have found several more that I wanted to share. So enjoy and click your heels together 3 times!
Many brides these days are taking their dress choices to a new level. What a way to shock and awe your guests than an unconventional dress choice. Whether is was your attire for the entire event or maybe just your reception, these choices would sure to delight and tingle your guests’ fashion taste buds! Here are some that had I had the (pardon my expression) balls to pull it off, I would have considered. What do you think?
1 & 2. Jenny Packham via 100 Layer Cake. This is my favorite. I have never even been a huge fan of green, but this dress rocks, so much so that I had to show two pictures to get its entirety. It is subtle in its own unexpected way and still stays extremely classy.
3. Monique Lhuillier via The Sweetest Occassion. This would have been a perfect reception dress for me. The silhouette works, the fabulous shades of purple, and again, it doesn’t get too carried away!
4. via Sketch42. I don’t know the designer, which is unfortunate. I don’t know if it is the fading of pinks, the layering of ruffles, or that it reminds me of Lady Gaga, but this dress again takes it to a new level while remaining refined.
5. Vera Wang via Brooklyn Bride. Oh Vera, how I love thee. These are probably the most realistic of them all, but the trumpeted ruffles are my favorite. I heart ruffles, especially from Vera Wang. And then the asymmetrical sweetheart neckline and pleating that turns what could be ordinary into extraordinary in a subdued fashion. Perfect!
So I have missed a couple installments of Friday Foto, but I am back, even though I am leaving in a couple hours for New Orleans!! This week’s photo comes from Rodney Smith via Snippet & Ink. You MUST go check out some of his other photos. They are phenomenal. They are some wonderfully whimsical photos that mix with fashion and architecture! Really, if you never click on the links I provide, now is the time to start! He is Awesome. Here are a couple of my favorites. Enjoy!